Monday, March 26, 2012

Happenings

It's been a while, but I'm back and I do believe you'll be hearing a lot more from me in the near future. There are many things going on here in Krystal land. One thing I am tickled about is that Spring is here! Trust me, I am beyond thrilled winter has come and gone. I can truly say I almost despise cold weather! We have been very fortunate that our winter this year was very mild. I know Winter isn't that bad here in NC, but I just don't like it regardless. My family and I have been enjoying being outdoors more, and getting things spruced up for the upcoming months of fun, warm sunshiny days! We have already been playing badminton frequently! (One of my many favorite things to do!)The biggest thing going on right now in our families life, is the upcoming surgery my daughter is scheduled to have on April 11th. My daughter, Chrissie had a skull fracture at birth, which also caused a brain bleed. She has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, due to this birth injury. Shortly following birth as if that weren't a challenge in itself, we also find out she has a rare genetic disorder called Incontentia Pigmenti. No one in our families has had this but they say a gene mutated and this was the result. So you would think after hearing all that, that our daughter must not be in good health, but that is sooo far from the truth. We are the very proud parents of a ten year old beautiful, smart, loving, capable child who inspires me more than words can express. She truly is my heart running around outside of my body! She is a fighter. She is so strong and brave and I am amazed by here constantly. The upcoming surgery is to straighten her legs. Over time some of her weakness and tense muscles have caused her legs to pull and fall into each other more, so this is a recommended solution. Needless to say, I am extremely emotional about this whole obstacle ahead of her, but I know just as she has shown me before, she will come out of this stronger and better! But oh my, Mama is about to lose it! When you say your prayers, I would greatly appreciate if you could slip one in for my sweet daughter.
Chrissie, the little model!
My sister in law made the cutest and most special tutu for Chrissie!
Thanks Amy!

Also approaching is Easter weekend! My daughter and I love this because it is a time of excitement, and happenings. It is also time of reflection, and appreciation for us. Chrissie always gets really excited about Easter, almost as much as Christmas! Easter weekend this year also has another great occasion! My Nanny's 70th birthday! She means the world to me, and to my family! I love you Nanny! She is one person that I can always count on regardless of what is going on. She is one of the most giving people I have ever known. Jokingly, I will admit two traits that I know came from her without denial. 1.) My lack of patience, she and I are in this boat together, 2.) My/her backside. Wow, it can be quite a trait to have, but you better love some squats! ;) Again, I Love You Nanny & Happy Birthday!

I recently ran my second 5k. I had the pleasure of running it with two of my bestest friends in the whole wide world, Mandy Coman and Jeannie Gentry. Wow! I was like "What was I thinking?" after the first kilometer. It's ok to laugh, it's funny NOW... It was an accomplishment for sure. I was lighter the first time around, but I made better time with the this past one, so I have gotten better! YAY ME! My next 5k is planned for May, so wish me luck. I'm gonna make better time again! GOAL SET! Still have quite a ways to go, but I WILL get there. My best friend (Mandy) and I have been working out now for a while, and for a while it was hit and miss, but not anymore! We are very committed to our health and fitness now and work out consistently 5-6 times a week. We have actually had to realize that we actually overdo it frequently. I am so proud of us, we have made great progress! We still have a lot ahead of us, but WE GOT THIS! We have discovered muscles we had no clue existed! Whether you are or are not working towards being a healthier you, remember you can do this, start out slow and work yourself into it. You are stronger than you think. Just make the commitment and your body will have no choice but to change! I know, I know, easier said than done, but
YOU GOT THIS!


I have also done some more cakes recently that are worth mentioning... but that's coming soon!
I know, I'm a tease. ;)










No comments:

Post a Comment